An Update on jessechen.net
Jesse Chen • June 29, 2010 • 2 min read
This is how my website first looked:
I feel like I was transported back into the Internet 10 years ago just by looking at this site
4 days later, it now looks like this:
I bet if you click this, the website already looks different
It is amazing how different it looks. However, I take no credit - I must thank Dreamweaver for this. Even the most clueless person can make a tolerable website [like myself] through Dreamweaver. The product itself is really nice, it hides the many layers of abstraction that it takes to create a good-looking website. One feature I really enjoy is the dual-pane view of both the code and the design of the site at the same time. That way, I am also learning HTML and CSS by interacting with the code and seeing the effects in real time.
I want to say that my website is at version 0.3 with a big beta sticker over it like Google does with all their products :P. It is by no means complete but I look forward to working on it. fosho.
Things to Try/Do on my website:#
- Add an interactive timeline for my work history
- Include a place to display some of my school projects/work
- Add a subdomain where I can display some of my pictures in a gallery.
- Incorporate my LinkedIn profile via their API
- Incorpoate my Facebook profile via their API
- Any other sites I can use their API for?
- Continue to make it look more presentable
© 2021, Jesse Chen • 9fd5227